Sometimes in the security industry, a term takes off to create a buzz in the market. Usually, these terms are marketing descriptions that describe the technical features of any product. For example, people often associate the term “IP Camera” with high definition cameras, but “IP” actually stands for “Internet Protocol” and has nothing to with the clarity of the camera.
“Night Vision Camera” is another example of this type of confusion. So we thought we should explain what color night vision is and what it is all about.
First, it is not a new technology in the market, but it is a refinement of old technology called “low light operation”. Some manufacturers call it as “Starlight Operation”.
Each camera has a minimum light level required to generate a color video. You can tell when a camera has reached this point because the video becomes grainy. Cameras with a built-in night vision system monitor the light level and when it gets too low for color video, the infrared light system turns on, casting out IR light that only the camera can see and humans cannot.
How “Color Night Vision” Camera Works?
Thanks to the powerful image sensors of color night vision cameras which are highly sensitive to light and allows the sensors to absorb much more visible lights. So, the color night vision IP cameras can remain to capture color images or videos in low-lit locations, while the regular cameras would automatically shift to black and white mode when lighting condition drop at night. For color night vision cameras, ambient light is required to produce color images and videos at night.
Factors to count while choosing “Color Night Vision” Cameras
- Resolution: The higher resolution a color night vision video camera has the better image quality it can present, and the more visible details you can get. To obtain the desired high-quality images and videos, select the high-resolution night vision security cameras (at least 1080p) as your first choice.
- IR range: It indicates how far the color night vision security cameras can see in ambient lighting. As a rule of thumb, it is recommended to choose long-range color night vision security camera systems to see further, meaning you’ll have a better shot to capture the suspects or objects at a distance.
- 3D Digital Noise Reduction: This is a kind of noise reduction technology to reduce image noise in both static and moving images, allowing you to get clearer images and more accurate details.
- Wide Dynamic Range: The color night vision surveillance cameras with WDR (wide dynamic range) technology can balance light for improved images and videos. So they are most ideal for high-contrast lighting locations.
- IR Cut Filter: The infrared cut filter is designed to ensure that the color night vision cameras provide true color reproduction so that you can obtain high-quality images and videos day and night.
- Field of View: The larger the field of view is the wider areas your outdoor wireless color night vision security camera can cover.
Recognizing the demands of the industry, Secureye, one of the Industry veterans and trusted brand recently launched Falcon iCam 500 Color Night Vision Camera with advanced Night Vision tech Integration which is a niche in the market. This WI-FI Bullet IP Camera with LED floodlight is equipped with the latest path-breaking technologies to keep both commercial and residential space safe and secure.
The Falcon 500 iCam is furnished with a Hawkeyed Night Vision Camera with High-Quality color as well as non-color output. The camera has smart humanoid tracking mode, motion detection alarm, and imaging system which could track or capture any peripheral movement and raises phone alarm automatically. Camera assures security and enables controlling as well as monitoring through smartphones connected via Wi-Fi.